Nov 25, 2011

HIGH // LOW

Sometimes, for a fleeting moment, I mean a really brief nanosecond, I feel bad for the High End Designers. I mean, they put all this time & energy & inspiration & craftsmanship into creating the perfect embodiment of the fashion zeitgeist and then stores like ASOS and Zara come along and BAM - there it is for a tenth of the price! Don't get me wrong - I get over this pretty damn quickly - especially when I get to snap up little beauties like these ASOS creeper wedges when the Burberry version is very much out of reach. I doubt Christopher Bailey is losing any sleep though - there will always be enough Russian Oligarchs to keep the High End going! I once read an interview with Alexander McQueen where he said 70% of his business was selling fur coats to Russians. For now I'm happy with Zara.

No comments:

Post a Comment